The K2 – K4 series is equally versatile in both portable and installed sound systems, is suitable for small and medium power solution, is flexible and cost-effective.
Example of compact power is the K4C with its 4 channels deliver up to 6000 W in 2RU 10.5 kg / 23.1 lb.
The K series is GREEN POWER, efficiency means eco-friendly, and in other words, money saving in elettricity; the minimum heat dissipation makes the K series suitable for hot places or the conditioning demands is strongly reduced.
The mechanical and chassy design solution are totally new, and can provide rubustness and long term durabily, thanks to 3mm side ears steel and the use of all parts zinc plated steel. The coating is elegant and durable polyester.
Since 1984 KIND AUDIO amplifiers have a reputation of “well sounding products”, is true, the original designer Alessandro Cortese (mr. Kind) still the head in the company and with his old school of audiophile continue to take great care of this important matter; also the K series is sonically superior compared to many pro audio amps, they have a reference sound.
Years of experience and patient development of the modulator (heart of our Class D circutry) have resulted in outstanding 20 Hz – 20 kHz audio performance, plus complete protection from normal hazards of the professional use. The most pronounced “sonic signature” of the K series is the great headroom, sailing through even the most difficult loads with no signs of stress or change of tonality.
Front accessible dust filter for easy and fast unit maintenance. Three input connectors type, as Neutrik Combo™ (XLR and 1/4”jack) and 3-pin terminal block, offers professional, semi-pro and installations connection way.
A dedicated model the K4HZ and few others in the K2 – K4 serie have the ability to directly drive 70 V / 100 V distributed loudspeakers.
The DSP version provides on-board DSP. The high-performance DSP is hidden inside and safe against accidental or intentional tampering; amplifier settings can be done via USB Analog Devices Sigma Studio. Locally lets the user access up to 8 presets per pushbutton on the rear panel.
The K series comes with four (4) years warranty, and like any other KIND AUDIO amplifier is entirely thinked, designed, and handcrafted in ITALY.
• Compact and space saving 4 channels up to 6000 W – 2RU – 10.5 kg / 23.1 lb
• GREEN POWER: high efficiency means minimal operational cost of elettricity, power cable distributions demands and thermal emission (BTU)
• Switch mode power supply internally selectable 230 / 115 V nominal
• Reference sound: Class D output circuit fixed frequency carefully designed for sonic transparency
• Capability to DIRECT drive 70 / 100 V distributed line
• Model K4HZ, 4 x 500 W loads Low-Z 2/4/8 ohms and Hi-Z 70 / 100 V
• Channels pair bridgeable
• Two selectable input gains (26 dB, 32 dB)
• Selectable low-freq. Filters (30Hz or 75Hz)
• Balanced Neutrik Combo™ (XLR, 1/4 TRS) and 3-pin Europlug (Phoenix) Inputs per channel
• Neutrik Speakon™ (with Bi-Wiring connection) Outputs
• Recessed stepped level attenuators
• Temperature controlled variable speed fans, front to rear airflow
• Maintenance with front accessible dust filter
• Fully protected design against: power supply AC mains outside operating voltage range; limiter prevents hard clipped waveforms to reach loudspeakers; DC and infrasonic signal at the outputs; VHF (destructive non audible) high frequency signals at the outpus; Short circuit on the outputs with auto reset; Thermal stress and overload, mutes outputs when power devices reach 85 °C / 185 °F, with automatic reset.
• Craftsmen built in Galliate (NO), Italy
• Full four (4) years warranty
• Also available with integrated DSP
|Number of amplifier channels||4|
|Total burst power all channels||3200 W|
|Max output power single channel||EIAJ test standard, 1 kHz, 1% THD|
|2 ohms||800 W|
|4 ohms||550 W|
|8 ohms||300 W|
|Hi-Z 70 V (note 1)||-|
|Hi-Z 100 V (note 1)||-|
|Max output power bridged||EIAJ test standard, 1 kHz, 1% THD|
|4 ohms||1600 W|
|8 ohms||1100 W|
|Max output votage / current||73 V / 28 A|
|Protection features||Short Circuit Protection, Current-Clip Limiter, Voltage Clip Limiter, Temperature protection|
|Amplifier audio performance|
|Gain, selectable||26 dB, 32 dB (factory set)|
|Input sensitivity @ 4 ohms||1.18 V|
|Max input level||20dBu|
|Frequency response||20 Hz - 20 kHz (1 W @ 8 Ohm - +/- 0.5dB)|
|S/N ratio (20 Hz - 20 kHz)||>106 dBA|
|Output circuitry||Class D|
|Input impedance||10k balanced|
|THD+N||<0.3% from 1W to 0.5dB below clip (typically <0.1%)|
|Indicators||(LED) Active, Protect, Hi temp, DSP option, signal out -35 dB, -20 dB, -10 dB, Limiter|
|Controls||Mains switch, Gain control (per channel)|
|Maintenance||Removable dust filter holder|
|Audio signal input connectors (per channel)||XLR female combo 1/4 phone jack TRS, 3-pin terminal block (balanced)|
|Loudspeakers output connectors||Neutrik Speakon NL4MD (per channel)|
|Networking||Data port hole for DSP option|
|AC mains cordset / chassis connector||Schuko CEE 7/7 16 A / IEC20A|
|Controls||(switch) HPF 30 Hz or 75 Hz, Link/Bridge, Analog or AES3|
|AC mains power|
|Power supply||Switch mode power supply, internally switchable 230 / 115 V nominal|
|Operating voltage||100-240 V +/-10%, 50-60 Hz|
|Current draw||@ 230 V / @ 115 V|
|Idle||0.6 A / 0.7 A|
|1/8 of max output power@ 4 ohms||2.1 A /3.7 A|
|1/4 of max output power@ 4 ohms||3.6 A / 6.7 A|
|Thermal||Operating temperature 0° - 40° C / 32° - 104° F|
|Dissipation and cooling||Fan, continuosly variable speed, temperature and load current controlled, front to rear airflow|
|Idle||220 BTU/h | 55 kcal/h|
|1/8 of max output power@ 4 ohms||454 BTU/h | 114 kcal/h|
|1/4 of max output power@ 4 ohms||688 BTU/h | 173 kcal/h|
|Chassis construction||1.0 mm / 0.04" zinc steel chassis with removable dust filter holder; 3mm / 0.12" front panel ears and side reinforcement with rear support|
|Dimensions||W 483 mm / 19", H 89 mm / 2 RU, D 390 mm / 15.4" from front mounting rails|
|Weight||10.5 kg / 23.1lb|
|Note 1) 75Hz HPF enabled for this use|
Note 2) Load tapped 1200 W
Note 3) Load tapped 800 W
|DSP (optional)||Available in the MODEL Kxx DSP|
|Frequency response @ -3dB||7 Hz - 22 kHz|
|THD||< 0.01% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Presets||Bank of 8 presets selectable from rear panel, setup and upload via USB with AD sigma studio.|
|Delay for time alignement||10 ms per output|
|Crossover filters||Butterworth, Linkwitz-Riley, Bessel, from 6 dB/oct to 48 dB/oct|
|Output equalizer||up to 12 biquad fully parametric per channel: peaking, hi/lo shelving, hi/lo pass, band pass, band stop, all pass|
|Input equalizer||up to 5 biquad filters: PEQ, shelving, band pass, band stop, all pass|
|Limiters||Peak limiter, RMS limiter, frequency dependent RMS limiter|